Understanding Construction Unions & PLA
Understanding Construction Unions and Project Labor Agreements serves as a resource to help contractors make informed and strategic business decisions on the road to winning increasingly complex, high-dollar projects.
Written by CTWI in partnership with Construction Resource Center
Tremendous opportunities exist for contractors that are prepared to pursue them. But how do you ensure your company has the ability to win competitive project bids, including those that have Project Labor Agreements? One way many businesses set themselves up for growth is through partnerships with labor unions, however the process of becoming a union contractor or working under a Project Labor Agreement is not always clear.
This textbook provides critical information and insights from a contractor’s perspective on the following topics:
– Unpacking Project Labor Agreements
– The benefits of becoming a union contractor
– Concerns and advice addressing common questions
– Master Labor Agreements
– Contractor associations
– Small and Local Business Enterprises
– Benefits and challenges of working on Project Labor Agreements
– Best practices for contractors
7750 Pardee Ln
Oakland, CA 94621