This workshop introduces audiences to the world of labor unions in the construction industry. We provide an overview of the various union construction trades apprenticeship programs, the benefits of joining a union and how to successfully apply and become a union member.
– What is a union and why should I join one?
– An overview of local constructruction industry demand
– How local unions, Building Trades Councils, Joint Apprenticeship Training Committees and contractors function and relate to one another
– Construction Union Roadmap. What unions can I join?
– List Trades vs. Hunt Trades. What is the difference?
– Requirements and process to join the union
– Organizational structure of the union
– A journey through different union career pathways
– A Day In the life of an apprentice
– What are your next steps?
– Resources and Toolkit